Frequently Asked Questions

Radiation Safety - Administrative

Expand all

  • When are radioactive material inventories due and when are they sent out?

  • Is an Authorized User required to submit a quarterly RAM inventory even if they have no RAM in their inventory?

  • What paperwork is required to change the backup authorized user (AU) on a radioactive material authorization?

  • How do I request the commissioning of a radioactive material (RAM) use room?

  • What does the Radiation Safety Office (RSOf) do when a request for a room commissioning is received?

  • How long is an Authorized User required to maintain laboratory specific training

  • Is the Authorized User required to post the inspection results of the last audit and does this change if there were no non-compliances during the audit?

  • Should a copy of the lab-specific training form be sent to the RSOf?

Radiation Safety

Radiation Safety Office:
(513) 558-4110 Phone
(513) 558-9905 Fax
0591 Mail location

Terry Lindley, CHP, MRHP, CNMT
Radiation Safety Officer

Debbie Kirkpatrick
Program Manager

For emergencies outside normal working hours (8:00 am - 4:30 pm)
Contact the on-call technician by digital pager at: (513) 249-6812

Mailing Address:
University of Cincinnati
Radiation Safety Office
231 Albert Sabin Way
MSB 5402
PO Box 670591
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0591