Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee

Controlled Substance Information for Animal Users


Expand all

  • How often do I need to conduct an audit of my controlled substance inventory?

  • How long do I keep the copies of my controlled substance usage logs?

  • When I purchase and receive controlled substances from a vendor, what type of record of receipt should be maintained?

  • Do I need to keep separate logs for aliquoting a controlled substance?

  • What type of information needs to be documented to track and verify usage of each controlled substance in my inventory?

  • What other documentation for tracking controlled substance inventory is required?

  • How do I dispose of expired controlled substances or those I am no longer using?

  • How do I store my controlled sustances?


Contact Us

The IACUC Office
University of Cincinnati
PO Box 210572
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0572
Phone: (513)558-5187
Fax: (513)558-3539