Receiving Items or Conducting Work that is Export Controlled
Receiving/Purchasing Export Controlled Items
The Export Controls office can work with you prior to finalizing any purchase orders for controlled items. Together, proper controls (technology control plan (TCP), security of the equipment, room, etc.) can be established.
It is important to track the equipment, maintain a chain of custody log, including receipt, changes in location, use, and appropriate disposal. Contact the Export Controls office for assistance with disposal.
Receiving/Conducting Export Controlled (ITAR/EAR) or Proprietary Work
It is important to secure the export controlled equipment, data, etc. which includes tracking the whereabouts and other record-keeping.
The Export Control office can work with you to:
- request export classification of project, data, and any equipment or items that are received
- create a Technology Control Plan (TCP)
Controlled items need to be in a secure room:
- consider budget for security measures when purchasing items
- ensure limited access (proper set up should go through Public Safety)
- have a log of who enters the room and when
Contact Us Mailing Address:
University Hall, Suite 560D
51 Goodman Drive
PO Box 210567
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0567 Tara Wood
Director, Export Controls Exportco@uc.edu
Sr. Export Control Specialist Tina.Bosworth@uc.edu
513-558-1128 What to do fact sheet