All personnel conducting restrictive work must complete Export Control training. Basic Export Controls training is available online and is provided by the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) at the University of Miami. This course is optional for all other University of Cincinnati faculty, staff and students, but is highly recommended.
To access CITI training:
- Go to: https://www.citiprogram.org/
- Click the “Register” button to take you to a registration page
- Enter “Greater Cincinnati Academic and Regional Health Centers” for participating institution
- Enter all required information to create profile
- You may answer "yes" or "no" when asked about CME/CEUs. Please note, interest in further credits are not required for export training and there may be a cost associated with additional courses
will be asked a series of questions and CITI will make recommendations
for training based on your answers. Be sure to answer “yes” when asked
"Are you primarily employed (paid by)...at any of the following institutions?"
- Answer "yes" when asked "Are you involved in research at UC or University Hospital and need to complete Export training?"
- After your registration is finalized, go to main menu and click on "Greater Cincinnati Academic and Regional Health Centers Courses" to view the Export Control training link.
Export Training Modules available:
- Export Compliance for Researchers: Part I (ID: 16801)
- Export Compliance for Researchers: Part II (ID: 16802)
- Export Compliance for Research Administrators (ID: 16803)
- Export Compliance and Biosafety (ID: 16805)
- Export Compliance for Operational Departments (ID: 16806)
- Export Compliance for International Shipping (ID: 16807)
- Export Compliance and Purchasing (ID: 16808)
- Export Compliance and International and Foreign Waters (ID: 16809)
- Export Compliance and Collaborations (ID: 16810)
- Export Compliance and United States Sanctions Programs (ID: 16812)
Contact Us Mailing Address:
University Hall, Suite 560D
51 Goodman Drive
PO Box 210567
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0567 Tara Wood
Director, Export Controls Exportco@uc.edu
Sr. Export Control Specialist Tina.Bosworth@uc.edu
513-558-1128 What to do fact sheet