Export Controls

Employing Foreign Persons

Background Information

EAR controlled technology that could be released to a foreign person is referred to as a deemed export because this information may be taken back to their home country.  Under some circumstances, a license may be needed for the release of this technology or technical data to a foreign person while they are employed in the US. 

Employers at UC

Investigators must complete the Export Control Certification and submit to the UC International office prior to working with any foreign person.  UC International and the Export Controls office will work with investigators to determine if a license is required.

For more information, please contact:

Export Controls Office

Contact Us

Mailing Address:
Export Controls
University Hall, Suite 560D
51 Goodman Drive
PO Box 210567
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0567

Tara Wood
Director, Export Controls

Picture of Tina Bosworth
Tina Bosworth
Sr. Export Control Specialist

What to do fact sheet